|Indian Polity and
|History and Culture
- In which article of the Indian
Constitution is the provision of Election Commission mentioned ? —Article 324
- Age of voting was reduced from 21 years to 18 years by which Constitutional Amendment Act ?
—61st Constitutional Amendment
- Which Article of the Indian Constitution was amended to reduce the voting age from 21 years to 18 years in India ?
- Who can be appointed as the Chairperson of National Human Rights Council ?
—A retired Chief Justice of India
- The Chairperson of the Central Vigilance Commission is appointed by the President of India on the recommendation of a Committee comprising the Prime Minister as its head, Union Home Minister and
—Leader of the opposition in the Lok Sabha
in Who was the Chairman of Advisory Committee of Fundamental Rights and Minorities constituted by the Constituent Assembly
—Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Which committee recommended for three tier Panchayati Raj system in India ?
—Balwant Rai Mehta Committee
- The ideals of liberty, equality and fraternity in the Preamble of the Indian Constitution have been taken from the
- A person can remain a member of the Council of Ministers without being a member of the Parliament for*”
★ Which Article of the Indian Constitution deals with the original jurisdiction of the Supreme Court ?
- Who is known as the ‘Bismark of India’ ?
—Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- In 1939 Subhash Chandra Bose was elected as President of the Indian National Congress beating
- Which commission was called the White Men Commission ?
- Where did the Congress launch the Quit India Movement on August 8,1942 ?
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh and B.K. Dutt threw bombs in the Central Assembly Hall, New Delhi on April 8,1929 in protest of the
—Public Safety Bill
- Shankaran Nair resigned from the Viceroy’s Executive Council in protest of
—Jallianwala Bagh Massacre
- ‘Servants of India Society’ was founded in 1905 A.D. by
—Gopal Krishna Gokhale
- Who addressed Mahatma Gandhi as Rashtra Pita (Father of Nation) for the first time ?
—Subhash Chandra Bose
- Who was the writer of the book, “The History of Congress” ?
- The Raksha Bandhan Day was observed on October 16, 1905 to protest the British government’s decision of
—Partition of Bengal
- In Mauryan administration, the head of treasury was called
- According to Megasthenes the
administration of Pataliputra was in the hands of a commission consisting of —30 members
- The excavations at Chanhudaro were directed by
—J. H. Mackay
- The Smritis of Yajnavalkya, Narada and Katyayana were written during the —Gupta age
- Who was the author of the book ‘Mrichchkatika’ ?
- Which great social reformer wrote the books, Karma Yoga, Raja Yoga and Jnyana Yoga ?
- Al-Beruni, Firdausi and Utbi were the great literary figures of the court of
- Mughal ruler Babur’s autobiography called ‘Tuzuk-i- Baburi’ was originally written in
’’ —Turkish language
- Who was the first Governor General of the British East India Company ?
- ‘Ashtrapradhan’ was a council of ministers in the
- Economic Survey in India is published by
—Union Ministry of Finance
- After deducting grants for the creation of capital assets from revenue deficit, we arrive at
—Effective revenue defici;
- Index ‘Residex’ is associated
with —Land Prices
- National Institute of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development is situated at
- What is India’s rank in the Global Corruption Perceptions Index-2015 ?
- Equilibrium price in the market is determined by the
—Equality between marginal cost and marginal revenue
- Internal economies arise when
—There is expansion in an industry
- Gross National Product (GNP) without Depreciation Allowance is called
—Net National Product
- Union Budget 2016-17 raised Service Tax rate to 15% by imposing 0-5 per cent
—Krishi Kalayan Cess
- The headquarters of SIDBI is located in
(India and the World)
- Lagoon is a stretch of water
—Partly or fully separated from the main sea
- The length of 1° latitude on the ground is equal to
- The Western side of Equatorial Pacific Ocean shows high temperature due to
—South equatorial current
- Narmada Valley is an example of
- Sunderban Delta is formed by the rivers
—Ganga and Brahmaputra
- 10° channel is located between —Little Andman and Car Nicobar
- Pulicat lake is located in
- The longest continental Railway system in the world is
—Trans Siberian Railway
- Banihal Pass connects Srinagar with
- Sandstone, Limestone and Shale are examples of
- Animal protein is called first class protein because it is
—Rich in essential amino acids
- Outside the nucleus DNA is found in
- The least penetrating power ray
- The maximum fixation of solar energy is done by
- Where is the image of an object formed in human eye ?
- Which explosive material is called ‘Nobel oil’ ?
- In human body, vitamin A is stored in the
- Cetane number is used as a quality parameter mainly for
- The number of colours contained in the sunlight is
- Celcius and Fahrenheit thermo
meters would show same readings at 40°
- Which type of agriculture is suitable for high land area of equatorial region ?
- The UP council of Agricultural Research is located at
- The inflorescence of sugarcane is
- What is the inflorescence of the wheat crop ?
- Pitambari (RYSK-05-02) is a variety of
- Central Soil and Material Research Centre is located in
- Fruits’ cultivation is also known
- The most suitable fertilizer for foliar application to crops is
- Powder mildew disease is associated with
- Where is the headquarters of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation located ?